With the theme “The Central Highlands ethnic groups – Solidarity – Keeping – Promoting the national cultural identity and contributing to sustainable development of the region and the country,” the program of folk art festival of Highlands associated with Culture Week – Kon Tum province Tourism 3rd will officially take place in 5 days (from March 18th to 23rd, 2016) in the city’s center of Kon Tum (Kon Tum province).
Content of the Highland culture week
1 / The main program
1.1 Opening Ceremony
- Time: at 19:30 pm on March 18th, 2016
- Location: at the communal house K’lor Kon – Kon Tum City
1.2 Festival of folk wooden statuary, manipulated ethnic instruments
- Duration: From March 18th, 2016 until March 20th, 2016
- Location: The Kon Rong K’lor – Kon Tum city.
1.3 Display and Exhibition on Heritage Highlands
- Time: From March 18th, 2016 until March 20th, 2016
- Location: Museum of Kon Tum province
- Contents: Gallery exhibition will showcase a rooftop Highlands region from the past to the present. In the framework of the festival, the museum will recreate the space of the festival of Xo dang ethnic people with village’s entrance with a unique, decorative and worship space of Xo Dang people in every festival; recreation of some community activities: weaving; wicker; including epic song; pottery. One of the highlights of this exhibition is the old Highland photos with the theme: “Through wishful domain”.