Among the six rules and arrangements that will help you get a neat luggage for your travels is a principle of ‘5 pairs of socks, 4 shirts, 3 dresses (or pants), two pairs of shoes and 1 hat’. The tips below can be helpful to you when arranging your luggage for travel:
1. Multi-chamber case
The simplest way to avoid carrying too much stuff is to buy a hard case with a multi-ply structure that allows you to put a lot of furniture.
2. The rule “5, 4, 3, 2, 1”
If you need a mantra to help arrange your belongings in a suitcase, use the rule “5, 4, 3, 2, 1” for a weeklong trip like this: Limit no more than 5 pairs of socks, 4 shirts, 3 dresses (or trousers), 2 pairs of shoes and a hat. This list can be adjusted to suit your needs. For example, add a swimsuit, exercise suit or jacket for cold weather in case you really need to use them.
3. Do not bring for ‘prevention’
Ben Nickel-D’Andrea, who together with Jon Nickel-D’Andrea wrote travel book No Mas Coach, said: “Think twice about what you want to put in your luggage.”
Ben and Jon flew to Morocco for nine days with only one handbag and two shoulder bags. The two are very adhere to the above principle and said: “When you need something more, you can buy it.”
4. Make the most of storage
For example, socks can be stuffed into the shoes. Then, put your shoes in a plastic bag and stay at the bottom of the briefcase to avoid messing with clothes or other items.
With clothes, you can curl them. This will help maximize baggage space and minimize wrinkles.
You should also use vacuum bags to put on individual clothes. These small bags help you keep your clothes neat and easy to take your liking, not your whole suitcase.
Try rational placement techniques such as the following: in the middle of the briefcase for underwear and t-shirts, large outerwear or jacket will stay at the outer edge.
5. Put liquid tools in the easiest place
It is best to place on the top of your suitcase such as toothpaste, perfume, shaving cream bottle, cleanser … because many international airports will ransack check and even keep the items.
6. Hygiene items are always in a separate bag
This is also a way for you to check and not to forget any essential hygiene instruments: toothbrushes, contact lenses, cleansers, makeup lipsticks …
This small bag or box should be placed at the corner of the suitcase or near the zipper for easy access. To avoid leakage, you should take plastic wrap around the cosmetic, especially the open lid position.
7. Restricted items
By arranging and choosing your luggage when traveling, you should limit your carry-on, thick jacket, heavy or thick and long jeans … unless you travel in colder areas. Because they occupy a lot of space, long dry, dusty and luggage weight increases significantly.
In addition, valuable items or items available at the destination are also things you should not pack.
8. Some golden rules when lugging other travel luggage
- Should use a belt and wear it before going to the airport
- Use a bathing cap to cover your shoes, if you want to bring a bathing cap. If you are afraid of dirty hat, wrap it in a plastic bag first. At the same time, always carry some storage nilon bags when needed.
- Carry “tourist-sized” items such as small-sized toothpaste, cleansing milk, shower gel, shampoo and the package of detergent…
- Put your tickets, passports, visas at the easiest place to find. It is best to carry it with you.
- Always keep a space for souvenirs when you return.
- If you bring a lot of things, consign them before going.
- The best luggage arrangements when traveling: you have to remember is not too greedy and embrace too much. Give up some quarters and some items you can buy at the destination. Bring at least the necessary items and increase the amount of money you carry.
If you concern about Vietnam travel tips, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!