- Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Not more than 14 days: It will be applied when the multilateral visa -free travel agreement takes force for citizens of Cambodia, Brunei, and Myanmar travel within the Asean region.
Others who want to enter Vietnam must be provided with a visa.
- Tourist visa is valid in 30 days.
- Visa is issued at the Vietnamese diplomatic offices or consulates in foreign countries. Visa is possibly issued at the border gates to those who have written invitations by a Vietnamese competent agencies or tourists in the tours organized by Vietnamese international travel companies.
- Application files for visa: the entrance application (printed form) must be accurate and full-information; two 4x6 photos; passport and fee for the visa issuance.
Visa & Passport guides
Most visitors still need to apply for a Vietnamese visa in advance to enter the country. Vietnamese visa is inexpensive in comparison to any other countries’ visa fees ranging from US - 85 if application is sent directly to the Embassy or US-55 if your visa has been pre-approved. A fairly convenient visa on arrival process has recently been introduced, but this requires a pre-arranged application to Hanoi Immigration Department and is generally helpful to nationals of countries without Vietnamese embassies. Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has given the nod to a new regulation allowing overseas Vietnamese and their families to enter Vietnam without visas as of September 1, and the visa exemption decision meets overseas Vietnamese aspirations.
Visa tips: 1. Visa regulations are often changing, so check carefully before you are about to travel. Usually, it is possible to extend visas within Vietnam but not during the Party Congresses.
2. Visa extensions are often done with less than 1 week on your ongoing visa, and after 3 extensions, you must get a new visa. The fee is ranging from 18-35 USD.
3. In case you are exempted from visa to Vietnam, and want to stay longer than your allowed time, the fee is quite expensive (50-70USD), so keep in mind this when you plan your travel itinerary.
4. Please apply for a visa to Vietnam one or two weeks in advance to avoid unwanted troubles or urgent fee.