Located near Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau is a good destination for sudden weekend trips. More than that, there are more and more beautiful hotels and new playgrounds sprouting up in Vung Tau, which made this place hot and hotter. If you intend to "carry your backpack" and straight up Vung Tau beach right now, don’t forget to bring this travel handbook! This is a collection of Vung Tau traveling experiences including the 2017's hottest places to eat and play for you to have the seemingly boring trip turns great.
Vung Tau is a famous tourist destination of our country - Vietnam. There are not only beautiful beaches but also many famous specialties in this place. When visitors come to Vung Tau, they can enjoy playing with waves, eating delicious foods, visiting amusement parks, and entertainment, etc.
For more information, you can check out on Blog Traveloka. Traveloka blog is a informative site on tourism, culture, cuisine, festivals and destinations not only in Vietnam but in Southeast Asia and all over the World.
Time for traveling to Vung Tau City
Being in tropical monsoon climate, Vung Tau has two main seasons which are:
- The rainy season: from May to October, which includes southwest monsoon blowing through;
- Sunny season: from November to April, which includes the northeast monsoon.
The average annual temperature in Vung Tau is around 27 degrees with the lowest is 24 degrees and the highest is 28 degrees. Thanks to this not too hot or too cold weather that Vung Tau became a attract destination for traveling all the year. In Vung Tau tourism experiential point of view, you only need to pay attention not to go in the stormy days or the sea to ensure safety. Moreover, tourists often spend time in Vung Tau on the weekend or on the holiday, which may raise the serving cost on these days higher than usual. So, you should avoid going to Vung Tau in these times.
How can you reach Vung Tau City?
You can choose among many means of transportation to Vung Tau such as hydrofoils, buses, buses, taxis, motorbikes, etc. However, coaches and motorbikes are the two most popular transportation modes.
On holidays and weekends, room rates may rise higher than usual. Therefore, you should find room on Traveloka website and book in advance to avoid room shortage or overpriced charge. Don't forget to ask for prices before renting a room.
You can refer the following links for flight booking:
Traveling by coach from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau now cost between 60,000 VND and 80,000 VND. In addition, there are luxury brand-named coaches such as:
- Hoa Mai: about 100,000 VND/ time.
- This brand to provide multiple routes such as Ben Thanh (Tel: 08. 38218927 - 08. 38218928 - 08.39152112).
- Mien Dong Bus Station (you can buy ticket at counter 84).
- V.I.P Limousine (Tel: 0962 200 200).
- Phuong Trang (95,000 VND/ visit, call center: 19006067 - 08.38386852).
This is a popular medium means of transportation for young people, especially for those who are interested in fluttering and wandering. It takes you about 3 hours to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau by motorbike.
If you or your family can travel by your own car, the traveling time will be shorten thanks to the Ho Chi Minh City - Long Thanh - Dau Giay highway system. In this case, the travel time by car is only about 1,5 hours instead of 3 hours by motorbike.
Hydrofoils are the sea transportations which make your trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau become more fascinating. Hydrofoil lines normally daily operate from 06:00 to 17:00, running time is one and a half hour and there is a hydrofoil every hour.
Contacting information of some sea transportation in Ho Chi Minh City. HCM - Vung Tau
- Vina Express
- No. 5 Nguyen Tat Thanh, Ward 12, Dist. HCM
Phone: (+84 8) 3825333 - 39400333 - 38253888 - 39400621
- No. 9 Ha Long, Vung Tau
Phone: (+84 64) 3856565 - 3515151
- Greenlines Express
- 51 Ham Nghi, District 1, HCMC
Phone: (+84 8) 39147806 - 38218185
- 124 Ha Long, Vung Tau City
Tel: (+84 64) 510 009
- Petro Express
- No. 1A Ham Nghi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. HCM
Tel: (+84 8) 3821 0650
- 120 Ha Long, P.1, Tp. Vung Tau
Tel: (+84 64) 81 81 81 - 515151 – 626262
Vung Tau transportation
In Vung Tau, you can choose taxi, motorbike or bicycle whenever you want to wander around or do some sightseeing in the city.
- Taxi: Due to the high price and the fact of inconvenient for sightseeing, very few visitors choose this medium mode of transportation.
- Motorbike: There are a lot of motorbike rentals available in the city whose fees are charged by day (150,000 - 200,000 VND/day) or by hour (25,000 - 40,000 VND/hour). On a motorbike, you can go anywhere you want and enjoy the view of the surrounding landscape.
- Double bikes: This is a fairly common vehicle in Vung Tau. You can easily see the pictures of cyclists walking around the city at any time of the day, especially in the evening. Double bike's rental price is around 15,000 - 20,000 VND per hour.
Where to live in Vung Tau City?
The homestay & hostel system in Vung Tau is quite diverse and abundant. The rent for tourists who come to Vung Tau is about 500,000 - 2,000,000 VND per day depending on rooms and services quality.
- If you want to stay near the sea for sightseeing or walking, hotels or homestay Vung Tau on Tran Phu, Thuy Van, Halong Bay streets are the best choice.
- If you have a motorbike, you can rent homestay or villas with pool in the city center because they are much cheaper than hotels along the coast. Some places you can refer to as Le Hong Phong St., Nguyen An Ninh St.,etc.
- If your budget is quite generous, you can choose 4 or 5-star hotels such as Imperial Vung Tau, The Grand Hotel Vung Tau, Forest Orchid Resort & Spa... whose prices starting at least 1,000,000 VND/room/night. But if you want to save money, you can refer to 2 star hotels such asTrang Nhung, My Van, October… with the starting price is only 200,000 VND/room/night.
Recently, there is a tendency of living in the sewer kind of hotel in Vung Tau. If you want to know how amaze this kind of hotel, homestay or hostel is in Vung Tau, find out more here!
In addition, you can refer to the top 5 3-star hotels in Vung Tau hotels whose price under 1 million VND to ensure the criteria of cleanliness - beautiful – comfortable.
Another option for those who like to save money while wandering in Vung Tau is to build tents along the coast.
Vung Tau tourist destination
Vung Tau beach
Spending time in Vung Tau, you will be satisfied with playing in those beautiful beaches:
- Behind beach (Thuy Van, Thuy Duong): Located in the south of Vung Tau, Bai Sau has a long sandy beach and beautiful coastline along the clear sea. Some famous resorts here such as Long Cung (Thuy Tien) and Lan Forest has lots of romantic scenes.
- Front Beach: People rarely bathe here because of the pollution sea. However, this place is really fun at night. The front yard has many amusement, recreation areas, crowded buildings and shopping centers. Not only that, you can watch the sunset and walk under the coconut trees running along the coast.
- Pineapple Beach: It is a small beach, which has plenty of rocky cliffs. The Pineapple beach is the ideal place for those who want to travel without getting too crowded. The sea is quite peaceful, lovely and romantic.
In addition, Vung Tau also has many famous beaches such as Bai Dau, Vong Nguyet, Chi Linh, Doi Hill… for you to discover.
Attractions in Vung Tau
Since Vung Tau is a tourism and cultural center, there are many sightseeing in this city. Some tourism places in Vung Tau you should see such as:
- Statue of Jesus Christ:
The statue of Jesus Christ, which is 170 meters high, 32 meters high and 18.3 meters long significantly stands in a Small mountain. To reach the Lord's hand, you have to climb 133 steps inside the statue, which makes it a unique experience in Vung Tau.Statue of Jesus Christ
- Shakyamuni Buddha:
On a lotus throne made in stone stands a 19 meters high Eight-Elevated Tower and a giant Shakyamuni Buddha.Shakyamuni Buddha
- White Palace (Villa Blanche):
This 19 meters high Roman-style building rises against the Great Mountain. This is one of the tourist attractions that draw visitors' attention for 19 canoes and many valuable antiques as well.White Palace (Villa Blanche)
Vung Tau Lighthouse designed in cylinder shape is 18 meters tall. In addition to the cost of parking, you do not have to pay any other costs when visiting there.Lighthouse
- Worldwide Arms Museum:
The museum has 500 human-sized dummy figures, which were dressed in beautiful uniforms. They represented for soldiers in everywhere of all ages. There are also more than 1,200 guns, 1,000 swords and other relics as well.Worldwide Arms Museum
Aside from these places, there are many other interesting sightseeing that you should not pass by when traveling to Vung Tau such as Mary Immaculate Church, Long Hai, Con Dao, Dinh Tam Tam, Niet Ban Tinh Xa, Linh Son Co Tu, Hon Ba, Front Beach Park, Martyrs Monument, etc.
Delicious foods in Vung Tau
You will enjoy the delicious and specialties foods of the sea in this coastal city. Here are some good restaurants in Vung Tau for you to consider:
- Vietnamese mini savory pancakes:
When it comes to Vung Tau mini savory pancakes, people often think of the Star Apple Root food store. But people who have lived here for a long time are less frequented with this food store due to quite expensive and long since there are too many travelers chose this place. According to some visitors who have experience in Vung Tau tourism travel, one should choose mini savory pancakes store on Tran Dong St. The pancakes here are round, fried crispy, taste just the mouth and less greasy (35,000 VND/7 pancakes). You may also chose Hai restaurant on Le Loi street (20,000 VND/11 items).
- Stingray Hotpot on Truong Cong Dinh Street, Natural Snails Restaurant: these restaurants are quite popular as it offers a variety of high-quality dishes.
- Alibaba ice cream: Alibaba ice cream is just a little kiosk but it’s quite favored. The ice cream this small kiosk is quite tasty, fragrant, flexible, and fatty and each type has a distinct flavor. The price is 20,000 VND for each cone-cream and 28,000 VND for each glass of cream.
In addition, some other dishes such as salted egg donuts, soup cakes, noodles, seafood, pasta noodles in this coastal city are also delicious.
Places you should refer to: porridge oysters on Tran Dong (about 30,000 VND / part), Huong Duong restaurant on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street (30,000 VND / piece); Hoa Sua Rice Soup, and Coffee shops along the Front Beach like O cap, The Heaven, Mr. Ket...
If you have a chance to visit the night market in Vung Tau, do not forget to buy to the cup of tea in Vung Tau night market.Vung tau at night
With some of the above experiences, we hope to offer you valuable information about Vung Tau City tourism experiences that helps you have great experience in this city.
In addition, you can refer to the schedule for the 2 days 1 night Vung Tau trip with is only 500K/person. Too cheap and affordable, right? No more hesitate, let’s make an impromptu trip to Vung Tau right away.
Wish you could have a great trip with your friends and your beloved family in the near future!